Adding new resources
We define a resource as either a person or a physical asset that is in the field.
A person resource (e.g., staff, contractors, or 3rd parties) is associated with a Salesforce user record; however, an asset resource requires no user record as it is typically an object (e.g., devices and vehicles).
Step-by-step Guide Using Salesforce
Check if the resource is a Salesforce user.
If this is a person resource, first, make sure this person is already set up as a Salesforce user. If this is an asset resource, go straight to step 2.
Create a new resource:
- Using Salesforce Classic: Go to the Resource (tab) and click New.
- Using Salesforce Lightning: Go to the App Launcher > Resources and click New.
Fill out the fields for your resource:
- Resource Name.
- Resource Type.
- User (resource) (attach a resource to the Salesforce user) (Note: Only if this is a “person” resource!)
- Primary Region.
- Mobile Phone (if using SMS) or Email.
- Notification Type (either SMS or Email).
- Country Code (for SMS).
- Home Address (Note: addresses entered in the Salesforce UI will not automatically be geo-located. However, any addresses entered in the web app will automatically be geo-located).
- IsActive (to ensure they can be “scheduled” as a resource within the Skedulo web app).
To add a photo for a resource.
Go to the resource’s Chatter profile in Salesforce and upload a chatter profile photo (this will then be displayed within Skedulo).
Once a resource has been created, and the Is Active checkbox is ticked, their details can be maintained from within the Skedulo web app.
Refer to Resource Management.
Was this page helpful?