Create custom objects in Salesforce
You can create custom objects and fields in Salesforce for your Skedulo managed package to include information and data beyond the defaults provided by Skedulo.
Custom objects are often required by users wanting to create custom web extensions to display data or create custom interfaces for their organization.
This section uses the hypothetical
Supply custom objects as an example to walk through the following steps:
- Creating a custom object in the Salesforce managed package
- Adding custom fields to your custom object in Salesforce
- Mapping custom objects and fields in the Skedulo web application
You must be logged in as an
Administrator user or a user with the required permissions to create custom objects and fields.
Create a custom object in the Salesforce managed package
To create a custom object, do the following:
- Open the Skedulo managed application in Salesforce.
- Click the Settings cog in the upper-right corner and then click Setup.
- From the menu bar on the left, navigate to Platform Tools > Objects and Fields > Object Manager.
- Click Create in the upper-right corner, then click Custom Object.
Vaccineinto the Label field, then type
Vaccinesinto the Plural Label field. The Object Name and Record Name fields are pre-populated from the Label field, but can be edited.
- Click Save.
Note that after you create custom objects in your Skedulo managed package in Salesforce, you must map the custom objects and fields in your Skedulo web application. Mapping objects and fields in your web application adds your custom objects and fields to the GraphQL schema, which is required for generating custom web extensions.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.